Checklists - Are there any plans to make metadata available / editable in the checklists editor?

Marco B. January 28, 2021

See headline: Are there any plans to make metadata available / editable in the checklists editor?

Would be so much easier for big checklists to generate assignee or due date automatically by editor input, as it is available for status e.g.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 28, 2021

Hi @Marco B_ 

If you are really talking about Checklist for Jira from Okapya. I'm not sure to understand the question. With version 5, we have added assignee and due date with selectors similar to the status one. Are you talking about the Full Form Editor? Do you mind providing more details on your request?

Thanks,

Yves

@Yves Riel [Okapya] 

Yes your are right in your assumptions:

It is Checklist for Jira and yes, I mean the Full Form Editor. Because to manually put assignee, due date or other points to a very long checklist is very annoying :)

That's why I am asking, if you plan to implement this feature. Similar to status, which could be marked in the Form Editor.

(Sorry, didn't know that you call it Full Form Editor - that's why I called it checklist editor in my original post :) )

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 29, 2021

Hi @Marco B_ ,

We actually has internal discussions about that but were not sure if it would be something useful to customers or too complex/verbose. We’re actually waiting for feedback.

The best would be for you to create a feature request so that we can let you know about the progress of this improvement and even possibly pick your brain.

https://okapya.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/group/3/create/15

Regards,

Yves

Marco B. January 29, 2021

Hello @Yves Riel [Okapya] 

well, not using this feature will not confuse any user, so don't worry about the complexity :D

But implementing the opportunity will make life so much easier for the people who really would like to use this feature ;)

Thanks anyway. Looking forward hearing from your support team.

Like Yves Riel [Okapya] likes this
0 votes
Payal _appbox.ai_
Marketplace Partner
January 28, 2021

Hi @Marco B_ 

in order to use checklist in Jira, there are few third-party apps available that can help here. Not sure if any app offers metadata editing on the fly. 

Our company offers Checklist for Jira Cloud. Free with lots of enterprise class features. Before install, You can see it live here. Playground 

Happy to discuss more on the feature you are looking for.

Thanks,

Payal.

Hello @Payal _appbox.ai_ 

Thank you for your answer, but Cloud is not an option :)

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
January 28, 2021

@Payal _appbox.ai_,

This question is related to a server version of the Checklist for Jira app.

It is not professional to blindly advertise your plugin in that case, especially when it does not solve the problem reported by the question author. It cannot even be installed in the Server environment as far as I can see. 

Please go through the community guidelines and partners' guidelines to get an overview of how helpful, respectful, and fair the community should be. 

Cheers,
Jack

Like Yves Riel [Okapya] likes this
Payal _appbox.ai_
Marketplace Partner
January 28, 2021

Thanks @Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_ . Sincerely appreciate your point here. It was a miss to notice the question is only in the context of server environment. 

We wanted to have a conversation with the author of the post to understand their use case and see if it is possible for us to have that in our roadmap. the complete context was not very clear to us from the original question.

Apologies if this has caused concerns. 

Suggest an answer