Charges on User Tier for Jira

Moses Lim
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 18, 2024

I would like to know how Jira Cloud is charging. I'm currently on Annual payment  within the 11 - 15 user tier.

As from what is shown on https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing, once we onboard more than 15 user it will fall under 16-25 user tier.

Does this means even if I only have 20 user, I will be charged USD 2050 annually where 5 seat isn't utilized?

How will be be computed if the users are onboarded across different month of the billing period?

2 answers

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2024

Hi @Moses Lim,

The principle is very straightforward; if you are on an annual plan, you pay your subscription up front. So indeed, when you add a 16th user, you will need to upgrade to the next tier and you will pay (as you said) the subscription fee for the 16-25 user tier, even if you don't add any additional users for the rest of the year.

On a monthly plan, you don't pay up front, but get a monthly invoice for the number of users you have on the (monthly) billing date in your plan.

You will notice - when you compare both options - that the annual plan only charges you for 10 months. So you get the certainty that you know up front what you are paying and that you can add users without any change to your bill, as long as you don't get over the max limit of the user tier you paid for.

Hope this helps! 

0 votes
Najm Polaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2024

Hi @Moses Lim , 

you can see the details of your billing under the billing section. Just add the team members and it would should you the total there and details of the next billing cycle. 

screenshot-najmpolaris.atlassian.net-2024.02.19-10_00_24.png

Moses Lim
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 18, 2024

I would like to understand what charges i will get into before i start adding the users

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events