Changing Base URL

Raph S January 17, 2021

Hi all, my project manager just signed up and create a Jira Cloud project.  However his name appears on the project URL.

Check this support page - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-the-server-base-url-148592.html  .. I cannot seem to find the base server URL field.

Where and how can we change this URL?  Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2021

Hello @Raphael Su 

If you are looking at changing the site name of your instance. Here is the response:

Site names are chosen for an entire Atlassian Cloud site at the time you sign up for your first Atlassian Cloud product – for example, when you first sign up for Jira Software Cloud or Confluence Cloud. The format for the site name is https://example.atlassian.net, where example is a unique character string that you specify.

1. Your unique character string must be at least three characters.
  2. It can only contain letters, numbers, and hyphens.
  3. Hyphens can't be the first or last character.
  4. The use of entirely custom URLs is not supported at this time, but you can vote for the related feature request: 

There is an issue for the same which is been raised and Atlassian Team is working on it - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-7184

If you want to change the URL, here is something you have to do, you'd have to do a cloud-to-cloud migration, see links below:

Hope this helps!

Raph S January 17, 2021

Thanks Ganesh!  

Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2021

Hope it helped and addressed your queries. Accept the answer if it was helpful

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2021

@Raphael Su Are you a cloud user or Server user?

Also can you send a screenshot of the URL after hiding any sensitive info?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/edit-a-projects-details/

Since my screenshot is not what you were referring to any additional info you can provide us will be very helpful.

I shared the link to the Atlassian Doc that describes what I mentioned yesterday and also based on the fact that you said it is Jira Cloud.

Best,

Fadoua

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2021

@Raphael Su  If you are a cloud user, Base URL can be changed by Atlassian Team only,

In this case it is not the project URL that you are trying to change it is the Jira URL.

You will need to raise a ticket with Atlassian by clicking here

Best,

Fadoua

Raph S January 18, 2021

Thanks @Fadoua it is Cloud.  I have raised a ticket to Atlassian.  Thanks all!  Appreciate the quick responses and support

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2021

You are very welcome @Raphael Su !

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2021

@Raphael Su 

Is this what you are looking for?

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 12.16.56 AM.png

Raph S January 17, 2021

Thanks Fadoua, Not the Project URL.  The base URL where you use to get into the project.  

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 4.42.34 pm.png

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2021

That documentation is for Server/DC and not for Cloud.

@Ganesh Babu  has you covered with his Cloud answer.

Like Fadoua likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events