Change when story points are completed?

Dusty Herrman November 7, 2013

In Greenhopper, is it posslbe to change when story points are considered completed? Currently, my storypoints are only completed when the story is moved into "Closed".

Example workflow: [Open] -> [In Progress] -> [Ready for Release*] -> [Closed]

I would like to have my points counted when the ticket is in the Ready for Release stage. Is this possible? How do I configure it if it is?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2013

A story is considered closed when the issue is moved to the last column which contains the statuses which you consider as complete. In your case, it appears to be 'Ready For Release'.

So this raises a question, what is the purpose of the last state 'Closed'? If the story is to be considered complete when it reaches 'Ready for Release', then you should stop using the closed status. If not, it is contradicting itself. Just my opinion.

0 votes
Justin Leader
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2013
I have many customers who use this type of solution. Dusty, I often recommend to teams that they use that type of "ready" status as the end to their sprint. Then have a separate kanban board that takes issues from "ready" to "closed" once the work is deployed, or whatever it is that happens by another team or in another process.

Suggest an answer