Change user account for structure synchronizer

ScottW February 10, 2014

I would like to transition the account used to set up our structure synchronizer to a service account. That way if I leave the organization, the sync will still work. How do I do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2014

Hi Scott,

We'll add the ability to change synchronizer owner in one of the future versions, likely in Structure 2.7.

Meanwhile, there's a hack that involves using Script Runner plugin. If you're keen to try that, install Script Runner and execute the following Groovy script.

It's recommended to run the script during a quiet time, when there are no changes that the synchronizer could process. Alternatively, disable the synchronizer, run the script, then resync and enable again.

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager 
def plugin = ComponentManager.getInstance().getPluginAccessor().getPlugin('com.almworks.jira.structure')
def syncManager = plugin.getModuleDescriptor('sync-manager').getModule()
def synchronizer = syncManager.getInstalledSynchronizer(3) // 3 is the synchronizer ID
synchronizer.myDefinition.setUserKey('tom') // tom is the new owner userkey
syncManager.updateDefinition(synchronizer.myDefinition)
return 'ok’

Hope this helps!
Igor

ScottW February 17, 2014

That's what we needed. Thank you

Jonas Hauser December 5, 2016

Hi Igor

I ran into the same problems as ScottW. I tried your querry with scriptrunner but it doesn't worked. Can you help me with another solution? Structure version 3.3.3.jira7

Thanks.

Jonas

Suggest an answer