Change the schema that JIRA starts

Eduardo Menezes June 21, 2019

I have installed a new UAT JIRA based on a restored database from Production.

Although I changed the dbconfig.xml with the correct schema, I am still not being able to login into the schema I need.

Every time I log, I get to the empty JIRA schema.

Can you help me?

2 answers

0 votes
Eduardo Menezes June 23, 2019

Hi Nic,

Can you let me know can I am logging into the Dana and and schema that I expect to, according to the database configured file? 

Can you give me some directions or explain me what I am missing?

I have a database restored

I have a new installed environment 

I expect that I could log into this restored database from this new environment created.

Can you help me?

Let me know if you need any additional information

Thanks in advance 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2019

I've already explained most of that, but I will try again.

Your Jira is running, it has connected to the restored database fine and is fully started (if this were not the case, you would not get a log in prompt)

The problem now is that you are trying to log into Jira with a Jira account that either does not exist, or you have not got the right password for.

The database configuration is irrelevant to this, it's working fine.  You need to use a known Jira account from the system you restored, not a database account.

Eduardo Menezes June 24, 2019

Hi Nic

Imagine the following.

In this restored database I have two schemas and I have users on the following tables

• dbo.cwd_user
  • jiraschema.cwd_user

When I log with the user on the dbo schema it works. 

But when I log with user on the jiraschema schema it does not work.

Let me know if it was clear my issue?

Regards, 

Eduardo Menezes

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2019

You are still confusing database access with Jira access from what I can make out.

You log into a database with a database account.  You log into Jira with a Jira account. I think you might be confused because someone set up one of your database accounts with the same credentials as a Jira account.

Stop looking at the database, we know that is working, because Jira is asking you to log in.

You need to log into that system with a Jira account.  This account will be one of the accounts that was set up on the system you restored from.  Again, NOT a database account.

Eduardo Menezes June 25, 2019

Do you mean the Jira account that is on the dbconfig.xml file?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2019

No, that is the account I keep telling you to ignore.

There is no Jira account in the dbconfig.xml file, the account in there is a database account.

You need to use a Jira account to log in, NOT a database account.

Do you mind if I ask you where can I get this account?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2019

The accounts in the Jira you have restored are copies of the ones that were in where ever you restored it from.  You need to use one of those accounts (ideally an admin) to log in.

Would this help?

This is one from Production

Capture3.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2019

If you have the credentials from the source system, you should be able to log into it.

Unless you have an external directory set up for the source, and have not configured the restored system to use it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2019

All we can tell you here is that your dbconfig.xml is wrong, or the database that you have restored is not right.  Could you tell us, in more detail, what you have done and what the errors/messages are as Jira starts up?

Eduardo Menezes June 23, 2019

Hi Nic, thanks for your reply

The dbconfig.xml looks correct once confirmed with images

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jira-database-config>
<name>defaultDS</name>
<delegator-name>default</delegator-name>
<database-type>mssql</database-type>
<schema-name>jiraschema</schema-name>
<jdbc-datasource>
<url>jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://W03133USQL0:1433/jiraDBGAM</url>
<driver-class>net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
<username>jiradbuser</username>
<password>******</password>
<pool-min-size>20</pool-min-size>
<pool-max-size>20</pool-max-size>
<pool-max-wait>30000</pool-max-wait>
<pool-max-idle>20</pool-max-idle>
<pool-remove-abandoned>true</pool-remove-abandoned>
<pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>300</pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>
</jdbc-datasource>
</jira-database-config>

CONFIG.JPG

the database has the schema that I want but it looks like I am missing someting to start the application under this new schema

databaseschema.JPG

because when I try to login with the user that is on this schema, it's not recognized

but if I log with the user that is on dbo. it works.

LoginNotRecognizedWithUser1.JPG

thanks for your timing.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2019

This has nothing to do with the database - the fact you get that login page means that Jira is up and running and connected to the database.

You should not be logging in there with the database connections, you should be logging in with a Jira account.

Suggest an answer