Change text on "Mark as Done" button

Dylan_Tusler March 25, 2018

Jira Service Desk - Cloud

We added a "Resolved" state into our workflow, and wired it up between "In Progress" and "Done." Now when users go to a card that is "In Progress" they see a button that says "Mark as Done" and when they click it, the card state changes to "Resolved."

In "Resolved" state there is also a button that says "Mark as Done" and this changes the state to "Done."

My users are asking why they have to click "Mark as Done" twice, but I can't get the first button to say "Resolve."

Where is this managed?

Below is our workflow in text, with the transition in question circled.

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2018

The text view, while it can be very very useful, is not good with "global" transitions in your workflows.

The things you've circled here have nothing to do with your "mark as done" button.  They show on the screen as "Resolve" (Assuming the users meet the condition(s) on them).

Have a look at the diagram view.  I suspect it will have an "All -> Done" display, which, when clicked will have a name "mark as done"

Suggest an answer