Change status in workflow / rename workflow

Jared Williams November 27, 2017

Go to Issues > Search > Open any issue you have.  On the header bar at the top where it says "Workflow", if you click on it then you will see all the available options that were likely defined by the admin of the project.  

Where do those come from and more specifically, where can an admin change them at?

My issue - when I choose one of the workflow options (Pull Request), the status of the ticket changes to "Dev Review".  I want the workflow dropdown to reflect the same as the status, "Dev Review".  Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2017

The workflow determines all of this.  The bar with "workflow" on it is the workflow.  If you have more than two transitions out of the current status, the others are pushed into the workflow button (2 is a default, it can be changed)

Your admin needs to edit the workflow for you.  They should change the names of the transitions, as that's what Jira uses on the buttons.

Jared Williams November 27, 2017

Thanks, this worked!

Suggest an answer