Change issues' view screen on kanban board

Witchcraft! January 6, 2018

Hi guys!

I wonder if there's a way to change a view screen for an issues on a board.kiss_30kb.1515259571

Like the one above. I was unable to find a way to handle this through Field Configuration or Screen Schemes.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2018

The "Project Settings > Screen" is for the ISSUE VIEW, which does not correspond to the view on the boards at all.

Instead, click BoardConfigure. This brings you  to the Boards config. On the left-hand nav bar, select Issue Detail View. 

This area will allow you to change the fields.

Well, turns out I was strugguling, because I actually don't have that option there. Because it is currently disabled in new issue view in jira cloud.

Thanks for the answer, tho.

Benjamin Michiels January 22, 2019

This worked for me, thanks!

Benjamin Primrose May 13, 2021

Does anyone know how to do more than add/remove fields?  I have a non-technical issue tracker, but can't remove the "Development" section shown when an issue is selected in Kanban, or move the Comments section to the bottom.

0 votes

[upd] it seems like you should be able to tweek it using Project settings > Screen, the problem I'm having is that while removing Fields does disable them on the view screen, but it doesn't actually remove them.

Suggest an answer