Change behavior when clicking on site logo?

roam_scott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

When I click my site logo it goes to /secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa which is a mostly blank page titled "Boards" with a link to "Create a new board".  I don't use boards.  I want this button to go to the system dashboard or issue list.  How can I change it?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017
  • Click on your profile icon at the top right of the screen.
  • Select the appropriate home page option within the My JIRA
    • Home section:
      • Dashboard
      • Issue Navigator
      • Agile (i.e. the JIRA Agile Rapid Board — this option is only available if you have the JIRA Agile add-on installed in JIRA)

Your page will be reloaded the JIRA home page you selected.

(Optional) To verify that your JIRA home page has been reset, log out and log back in to JIRA again. You should be taken directly to the JIRA home page you selected in the previous step.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/changing-your-jira-home-page-720416089.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/managing-your-user-profile-764478256.html

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017

Capture.PNG

roam_scott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

First off, mine was already set to Dashboard not Boards.  So what's up with that?  Second, is there no way to set this globally for all users?

roam_scott
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2017

I changed it to Issues and then changed it back to Dashboard and now it behaves as expected. Weird.

I'd still like to set this globally if possible.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2017

Scott,

By default it should be the dashboard, there is not a global setting that I know of that allows you to change this.  There was a bug in relation to the issue that you are having a while ago where individuals were being routed to boards when they logged in or clicked the JIRA logo when they were running JIRA software.  Atlassian was having individuals submit support tickets because the fix required a bounce.  That was close to a year ago though.  Your issue sounds the same though.

roam_scott
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2017

Alright, well thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer