Change Jira base URL

Toni Mofardin January 20, 2020

Hi, we have a Jira 6.3.12 instance, and it is set on fixed local IP: http://192.168.100.202:8086.
Now we would like to change base url to jira.rudan.com, we have all records set and ready on dns, what do we need to do in Jira settings? I know there have been some bugs in Confluence, we did the same thing last year in Confluence, and after that we experienced some issues with links and attachments. Is it safe to do this in our Jira version?

1 answer

1 vote
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020
Toni Mofardin January 21, 2020

Hi Carlos, for Confluence, I did everything described in official manual (like the one in your link), all went well, but after that the problems started. The bug is related to this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-52060.

So now I'm afraid I don't get the similar problem with Jira.

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

I see.... I couldn't find any reference to similar issues with JIRA. Also, the issue was fixed and release with Confluence 6.10.3 (and made available first for Confluence 6.6.11). Per the description in the bug, It seemed to be related to the Editor - Synchrony  which is a component of Confluence (for collaborative editing). I do think you shouldn't run into the same issues for JIRA.

Toni Mofardin January 21, 2020

Thanks Carlos, I also hope so!

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2020

Cool. Let us know here if for some reason you run into any issue, so others can learn from your experience! :-)

Toni Mofardin January 24, 2020

Hi Carlos. I changed the URL and everything is working well for over 24h, no problems. Thank you for your help!

Suggest an answer