Certain issues slow to "activate" swimlanes on Kanban board to transition them

Alex Lorsung February 11, 2019

When we drag research tickets or story tickets out of their current lane, you must wait for any other lane to "activate" before you may transition it. Some of these tickets, particularly the story or research (or even bug tickets) must be held out of their current lane for upwards of 4-6 seconds before other lanes are activated to where you may transition the issue to another lane.

Anyone seen this before? We have played with memory and looked at CPU and it doesnt appear to be resource related.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2019

Ok so this is really strange. You are saying that you can’t simply drag and drop a card on the Kanban unless you hold the card for a couple seconds before dropping?

if so I would bet you have an addon issue. Check and disable addons one by one to prove or disprove. If you don’t hav any addons then I would open a ticket with Atlassian Support. 

Correct, and its not all issue types. Tasks for instance, when grabbed and dragged out of their current lane, cause other lanes it may transition to to highlight/activate immediately. But our stories/research tickets/bug tickets all require you to hold it out of its current lane into another lane for 4-6 seconds. Some issues are longer than others.

But you're saying possibly disabling add-on's one at a time and retrying might fix this?

Or shed light on the add-on causing problems...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

the later. This is certainly not normal behavior and feels like an addon conflict to me. You could also try creating a new board all-together and see if the issue follows. Are other boards exhibiting this? Has it start happening following the addition or upgrade of addon?

Andrew Stickler June 26, 2019

I have recently started seeing a similar problem with an Scrum board when drag-dropping issues to reorder them or assign to different versions or epics. I don't think it is addin-related (no new addins), but it possibly happened when Chrome updated to V 75.0.3770.100 (64-bit).

I am using Jira Server v8.2.1.

The Chrome developer console shows the messages in the screenshot below.

Andrew

Capture.JPG

Suggest an answer