Capacity on Timeline does not match actual sprint data

Jade Stephen October 28, 2020

Hi All,

On my plan I currently have the view settings grouping by team and showing capacity on the timeline. This allows the sprints to show up for each team on the timeline. The problem is that in some instances the capacity is showing a different number than the sprint in Jira.

Specifically I have a sprint that has 32 points in it. When I view the timeline the sprint indicator shows that they have 43 points. I have queried to make sure there are no additional hidden issues in jira. I can not find any reason for this discrepancy. 

Can anyone please explain?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Hi @Jade Stephen 

Have you figured out this issue yet?  If not, I recommend submitting a ticket to support as you are site admin for a premium instance.  They will be able to look at your instance (if you allow it) to specifically see what you see.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Best regards,

Bill

Jade Stephen November 25, 2020

Thanks Bill, this was sent to support quite a while ago now.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2020

Thanks, Jade.  Once you learn the cause of the issue, would you please post back here what you learn from support?  That will help others in the community find solutions faster.

Thanks again!

__Bill

Like Dave F likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders