Cant find fields (estimated and remaining) in story's edit mode

Naren G July 19, 2017

I created a story, while creating it, I found esitmated and remaining fields to provide estimated time.

I have added subtasks and provided estimated and remaining values in those fields, which added to the story's esitamted and remaining values.

I decided to edit and remove the values which I gave while creating the story, not the sub tasks, but I cant find those fields in edit mode of the story.

please help if any one has faced this issue and found a way to overcome it, thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Jan Anderson July 27, 2017

Look for the Time Tracking field.

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

On the Edit screen, there is a Configure fields dropdown in the top right hand corner. Check that either All is selected or, if Custom is selected, that the fields you're after are ticked.

Hope this helps

Picture0002.jpg

Naren G July 19, 2017

Hi Warren, thank you, all the fields are selected, please check the attached .Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 10.45.54.png

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

Is this something that used to show but now doesn't? If so, what has changed? Ask people who have Admin rights if they've changed anything. Or is this a brand new installation and you're just starting to look at it i.e. those fields have never been available? 

Those 2 fields are standard Jira ones so should generally show

Naren G July 19, 2017

Thank you, will check and update.

Jan Anderson July 27, 2017

I think the field(s) you are looking for are called Time Tracking. I know, not very intuitive. It took me forever to find it and then I keep forgetting what it is called. Don't pay attention to where it is located in my pic...that is just where we have it. Hope this helps.

Fields pane.png

Suggest an answer