Cannot use Rapid Board because of JS exception

Marina Chernova August 12, 2012

I use JIRA 4.4.5 and GreenHopper 5.8.7. I just wanted to start using Rapid Bord. I was able to create a board, but when I clicked 'Use' I got the following error:

An exception occurred

Please try refreshing the page, or contact your administrator / Atlassian Support if the problem continues.

Details

Environment

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.60 Safari/537.1
I can see created boards, but can't use any of them. Any help would be appreciated!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marina Chernova October 9, 2012

We have found a solution on our own. We had an incorrect system-webresources-plugin.xml with missing dirtyFormWarning.js resource. So we fixed it by adding the resource to the xml.

<resource type="download" name="dirtyFormWarning.js" location="/includes/jira/dialog/plugins/dirtyFormWarning.js">

<param name="source" value="webContextStatic"/>

</resource>

0 votes
Marina Chernova October 9, 2012

We have found a solution on our own. We had an incorrect system-webresources-plugin.xml with missing dirtyFormWarning.js resource. So we fixed it by adding the resource to the xml.

<resource type="download" name="dirtyFormWarning.js" location="/includes/jira/dialog/plugins/dirtyFormWarning.js">

<param name="source" value="webContextStatic"/>

</resource>

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2012

Hi Marina,

This is often caused by buggy browser extensions. Please try disabling any browser extensions you might be using and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Shaun

Marina Chernova August 22, 2012

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the response. I understand what you mean. But it happens at each browser for every user in our company. I tried to open it in IE, which I didn't use at all and never set up any extensions and got the same error.

I think I better create a support request.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2012

Marina: GH has undergone lot of updates and Rapidboard has undergone lot of updates and corrections. Can you upgrade the GH to the latest version and check whether that helps? You can update it using Universal Plugin Manager

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+JIRA's+Plugins

Marina Chernova August 12, 2012

Hi Renjith,

Thank you for the answer. But the GH 5.8.7 is the latest version which is compatible with JIRA 4.4.5. So in order to upgrade GH we first need to upgrade JIRA and that is not so easy. Is there any fix or workaround for version 5.8.7?

Thank you!

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2012

Oh, didnt notice your JIRA version. Are there any indications in the jira logs which you can paste here?

Otherwise please raise a support requestion with Atlassian

Suggest an answer