Cannot use GreenHopper

KRZYSZTOF KADZIOLKA April 21, 2013

Hi there

My licence for maintenance expired and I cant use Greenhopper anymore. I cant configure it neither. License should be perpetual (only maintenance is annually paid).

I get page with texts below

GreenHopper is currently unlicensed.

Ask someone with admin privileges to activate GreenHopper.

I'm the admin and I have no option to activate GreenHopper.

Regards

Krzysztof Kadziolka

5 answers

0 votes
KRZYSZTOF KADZIOLKA April 24, 2013

Is it possible to buy Greenhopper maintenance for next year and upgrade it wihout valid maintenance of JIRA (our maintenance for JIRA and Greenhopper expired and we want only to greenhopper maintenance for now)

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

Yeah I would say that it 'should' be purely because your license doesn't cover the version installed. i.e. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/License+is+for+an+older+version+and+maintenance+has+expired+message+when+license+expires

However, really, JIRA shouldn't allow you to upgrade OR at least warn if it will take the plugin out of date with its license.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2013

That makes sense - you need to go back to an earlier version that your licence does cover.

As Colin says, I see the "allow you to upgrade a plugin past your licence end without warning" as a bug in Jira.

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

Oh looks like the new answers doesn't like long pasted URLs. Is everyone else seeing it hang off the page?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2013

Yup, right off the right-hand side. Got a big screen, so I still see the whole lot, and the link works. But yuck.

0 votes
Version:6.2
Developer:Atlassian
Plugin key:com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira
License details:50-user commercial license, Standard, expires 16/Apr/13 4:00 PM
License status:License is for an older version and maintenance has expired
License SEN:BBBBBBB<valid SEN>
License key:KKKKK<valid key>

I had the same problem with an older version 6.1.4 (I think) I tried to fix it by downloading latest version. I've changed version today (maintenance was up to 16.04.2013)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2013

Go to the list of installed plugins, expand the greenhopper line and check the licence messages there - that should tell you more about the current status.

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2013

I recall a bug on a particular version that did that but I believe they fixed it. What version are you running and did you happen to accidently update to a version that was released after your license expired?

Suggest an answer