Cannot send invite to new user. Had account that was disabled.

Deleted user June 15, 2021

Cannot send invite to new user. The user previously had account that was disabled, and I could not reenable the account, so we removed the user completely - but Jira still thinks the user exists.

"We are unable to send invites because one or more of the accounts you invited are disabled.  Remove these accounts from your invite and try again. "

2 answers

0 votes
Zsuzsanna May 20, 2022

I'm having the same problem, the user's email is active yet I get the same error message. The above answer I think refers to a different bug.

0 votes
Rado October 6, 2021

I've had an identical issue. After contacting support this is what I've heard:

I looked up the account internally and found that the account is currently Disabled.

As it is not currently active, it won't be possible to invite the user to your site. To reenable the account's we need the account owner to:

1. Try to log in to their account at https://id.atlassian.com/.
  2. Reenable the Atlassian account

Once the account is active again, you should be able to invite the user to your site. 

I've tried and it occurred that when user attempted to login - the page prompted him to "confirm account deletion" - when he cancelled, the problem was sorted.

As an alternative option, Atlassian Support can send the recovery mail to the user. Worth contacting them.

Nelson Abbey October 25, 2022

Not the described issue. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events