Cannot rank new issues since 6.4 upgrade

Simple Audio June 29, 2014

Hi,

Just updated to 6.4 and my yeam can no longer rank any new issues. Pre-6.4 issues can be moved around the board just fine. I can see the old tickets have a rank reference in the form 0|1004g. However any new issues do not contain entry in the rank field. When trying to move post-6.4 ticket we see the following error.

JIRA Agile cannot execute the rank operation. This board has recently been configured to use the Rank field. The system must be re-indexed before you can rank issues. Ask your administrator to perform a manual re-index.

We have reindex and there is no change, I have also added the new rank field to all screens in this project.

Could anyone help resolve this issue for us?

7 answers

2 votes
Nicolas Burtey August 9, 2014

Same Here. Really boring !

Atlassian guys could you do somethings on our hosted instance ?

Bryson Allen August 13, 2014

Contact help desk and open a ticket. They will resolve for you.

"Looks like there were some duplicate rank values on your database. After forcing a rebalance those values were updated and you should be all set now."

2 votes
Jasper Heidebrink July 1, 2014

Same here, we really have a problem in the workflow now.

Hopefully Atlassian wil give us a answer how to solve this.

2 votes
Volodymyr Morozenko June 29, 2014

Same for my instance. This weird behaviour appeared several hours ago. No changes in administation settings were made...

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

If you are still hitting into this matter, it could be due to this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-10872. Feel free to approach us and we will apply the workaround on your behalf.

0 votes
Matthew Jackson June 29, 2014

Atlassian Service Desk solved my problem:

"Looks like there were some duplicate rank values on your database. After forcing a rebalance those values were updated and you should be all set now."

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2014

Hello,

It might be some problem in the Lexorank, please, report this issue on support.atlassian.comso we can further investigate your instance.

Cheers.

Simple Audio June 29, 2014

Thanks. I have opened a ticket, hopefully this will be resolved soon or there will be some delayed planning sessions :(

Bryson Allen July 2, 2014

Can you post the ticket number you created? We have the same issue and would like to follow the progress. Thanks!

0 votes
Matthew Jackson June 29, 2014

Same here, really frustrating

Suggest an answer