Cannot move issues from one project to another (due to recent changes by another user?)

Angelo_Hulshout January 11, 2019

NOTE 2019-01-11: Bug fixed, problem solved. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71354

When performing a bulk move from one project to another, I get the following error message after the Confirmation step: 

At least one of the issues you are trying to move has been recently updated by another user (T6-1160). Please cancel and start again.

Does any one have a clue as to what may be causing this and how to overcome the problem, since no issues are moved. Searching the web and knowledge base doesn't bring up anything at all.

Thanks,

Angelo

6 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Angelo_Hulshout January 14, 2019

Update:

This is a bug, reported on JIRACLOUD now. See bug description and suggested work around here, and please vote for it.

====

First feedback from Atalassian: this fails for stories that have subtasks. They're investigating further, also because the problem didn't occur before mid December, so it might be related to a software update.

Britney Miller January 14, 2019

Has the work around worked for you? I am getting an error when switching parent to a ticket in another project.

Jason DePietropaolo January 14, 2019

converted sub tasks to tasks and then was able to move card. Not perfect solution but it worked for what I needed it to do. 

Like Natalya Ozhigova likes this
Angelo_Hulshout January 15, 2019

Trying the workaround today, Britney, but I think the idea is that you move all the tickets before trying to re-create the parent relationships.

I'm sure it works, Jason, but it's cumbersome in our case (35 stories, 130+ subtasks), and the problem didn't exist until end of last year.

EDIT: it's unworkable in our case. Getting Atlassian in to find another solution.

Like William Vancrey likes this

And don't forget to vote up the ticket, please!

Like Alois Filip likes this

We work around the problem temporarily by having stories from two projects on the sprints of one project and making both visible on the Board. This can be done by using a board filter like

project in (P1, P2)

instead of the standard

project = P1

Also Atlassian has raised the prio of the ticket to HIGH, a real fix that allows the move again (and kills the bug) should be available shortly. 

Angelo_Hulshout January 18, 2019

Ticket has highest prio at Atlassian now, it might actually get fixed over the weekend :-o

Angelo_Hulshout January 18, 2019

The issue was resolved this afternoon. Should be working as before now - at least it does for us.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71354

0 votes
Tim Heath January 18, 2019

Just confirmed that this is now fixed!!!

0 votes
tina_ash January 16, 2019

I would like to report that we are having this issue as well.

Zee January 16, 2019

We are having the same issue. 

Tim Heath January 17, 2019

My team is having the same issue as well.

0 votes
Sven Schmid January 14, 2019

Same here.

Atlassian is on it. When I get a solution I'll post it here as well.

Like # people like this
Jamie Elliott January 16, 2019

Following this chain as I'm also affected by this bug!

Navneet Dhami January 16, 2019

Hi, Is there an ETA provided for this issue ?

0 votes

Capture.PNG

The problem is the same for all Stories I try to move. When moving in bulk, the erorr simply appears for the first story in the list.

Jason DePietropaolo January 11, 2019

I am having same exact error when trying to move a card with subtasks to another project. 

At least one of the issues you are trying to move has been recently updated by another user (PS-1367). Please cancel and start again.

hanh1985 January 12, 2019

I have the same error. This can be resolved by converting all sub-tasks to tasks...

Angelo_Hulshout January 13, 2019

That is no solution - we’re not going to ruin our whole project structure for this....

Like # people like this
Britney Miller January 14, 2019

I am having the same issue as well. Stories without sub-tasks move no problem but those with sub-tasks get the 'recently updated' error.

See my answer below.

0 votes
shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2019

Can you share Screenshot of error

Sven Schmid January 14, 2019

Why is this the accepted answer?

One click too many ;-) It's not anymore.

Suggest an answer