Cannot move an issue from 'To-Do' to 'In-Progress', but can move other identically created issues.

Prem Mariappan February 20, 2013

Hi,

I've noticed this now a couple of times recently in GreenHopper. Occasionally, I will come across an issue which I cannot transition from 'To-Do', to 'In-Progress', however I can move it directly to Resolved/Closed. I can confirm that I am the creator and assignee of the issue.

There are no conditions that I'm aware of that prevent me from moving the issue. I can create an identical issue (all the same details, points, assignee, etc) and move it directly to In-Progress.

Any ideas how I can track down what is going on? Is there any way I can do a diff on the raw data behind the issues (the one I can't move and the duplicate test issue that I can?)

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Prem.

2 answers

0 votes
Prem Mariappan November 10, 2013

Apologies for the late reply Janet. Unfortunately we haven't noticed since that period earlier in the year so it slipped from our attention.

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2013

Hi Prem,

Does the issue also can't be transit to In Progress if you are not in Agile ?

Does GreenHopper Simplified Workflow is being used ?

What are the statuses that is mapped to the To-Do and In-Progress ?

What are the Conditions and Validators applied to all the available transition ?

Suggest an answer