Cannot find my password policy

Natalie Franklin February 17, 2021

Hey all!  I am looking to set a password policy.  I understand that it is disabled by default.  However I cannot find where to enable it.  When I go to security, the option isn't there.  This is Jira cloud.  

security.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Natalie Franklin 

It is available for the user directory with a managed account.

If you are managing users directly without any domain verification and managed account it is not possible.

Please follow the documentation for more info

https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/manage-your-password-policy/

If you have the domain verified and managing users from an external directory here's the guide

Navigate to admin.atlassian.com and the organization you are looking to enforce the password policy

and in there go security option

You will have the Password management option under authentication.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

FYI,

S1.png

thank you for that!  However I dont see that at all - my admin portal looks totally different. 

tempsnip.png 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

Looks like you need organization admin permission to access the security tab!

Please check with your internal team for organization admin.

May I know how you are managing users in your company?

OK I will see how I can get that.  I have site admin access.  

We are managing users in the cloud - we are not connected through AD or anything like that

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

If you are managing your users in the cloud, it is not possible to have a password policy setup.

Please carefully read the first reply I have sent and go through the link to Atlassian documentation

Thanks,
Pramodh

Well when I click on a user it does say that the accounts are managed accounts.  

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

Please check with the internal team on user directory integration and you can certainly set the password policy if it's a managed account :-)

Please accept the answer if I have solved your query.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events