Cannot enable Initiative on Advanced Roadmaps

Michelle Chu May 3, 2021

Hello! I have added Initiative at the Issue level, but it is still not showing up as an option for me to add to the Roadmap (please see screenshot). What else do I need to enable? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 12.23.15 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Hi @Michelle Chu,

As the message says, you'll need to configure it in Advanced Roadmaps hierarchy. Essentially, you'll need to add an additional level in the issue hierarchy above Epics and link your initiative issue type to that level.

Check out this article, custom hierarchy levels to learn where you can find those settings.

Hope this helps! 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Oh, or make sure that you have the level selected in the hierarchy filters just above your roadmap:

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 18.39.59.png

Like # people like this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

Yeah, I expect it's to do with the hierarchy range setting because looking at the first screenshot it looks like some additional hierarchy levels have already been added.

The context behind the message is that the UX would not allow you to create an issue as an inline text box is shown in in the hierarchy, but if the level isn't visible then there would be nowhere to place it.

Regards,

Dave

Like Michelle Chu likes this
Michelle Chu May 4, 2021

Ah, I see. I did not understand that the warning message related to the "Hierarchy" filters (in fact, didn't even see the "Hierarchy" label!)

You might consider making the message more directional (aka "Hierarchy filters on the upper left").

Thanks everyone!

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this

Suggest an answer