Cannot download Support ZIP

Daniel Swiatek November 22, 2017

If i want to download the Support ZIP, i got the following error: 

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of null
at HTMLButtonElement.eval (eval at <anonymous> (batch.js:56), <anonymous>:10:60)
at HTMLButtonElement.dispatch (batch.js:107)
at HTMLButtonElement.h (batch.js:99)

4 answers

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2018

Hi everyone,

I just discovered that this is actually a documented bug in the current Atlassian Troubleshooting and Support Tool plugin that comes bundled with Jira.  There is a bug ticket for this in https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ATST-789 It appears that several versions of this plugin are affected by this bug.

I would recommend watching this ticket for updates and more details.  Currently the only work-around we have for this is to temporarily change the system language (not indexing or profile preference) back to English.  When in this state, you can create the support zip correctly.

Sorry there does not appear to be another workaround for this yet.  

Regards,

Andy

0 votes
ferconsigli February 8, 2018

I'm having the exact same error

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of null
at HTMLButtonElement.eval (eval at <anonymous> (batch.js?locale=es-ES:56), <anonymous>:10:60)
at HTMLButtonElement.dispatch (batch.js?locale=es-ES:107)
at HTMLButtonElement.h (batch.js?locale=es-ES:99)

with the only difference that I have another locale.

I had the problem with Jira Server 7.6.1. I just updated to Jira Server 7.7.1 and it is still happening.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2018

@ferconsigli interesting.  Could you let us know more about your Jira Server deployment?  Such as

1. What is the system default language set to, Spanish?
  2. Is your user profile preference also set to Spanish?
  3. Do you have any modifications made to Jira's input time formats? See Changing the Due Date Input Format for more details.
ferconsigli February 8, 2018

Both the system and my user profile are set to Spanish.

I don't recall having manually made any modifications to input time formats. However, I can see that those formats are currently in Spanish format

jira.date.picker.java.format : d/MMM/yy

jira.date.time.picker.java.format : dd/MMM/yy h:mm a

I guess those formats are automatically set when the whole system is set to Spanish.

In the other hand, I don't know if it's relevant, but the Ubuntu server where this Jira instance is running is currently defaulted to en_US.

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
November 22, 2017

Afraid I have not seen this error generated when trying to download the support zip in browser. It feels like there might be some other javascript being added to this page that might be preventing the end user from downloading this directly from the website itself.

I would check the announcement banner in Jira to see if there are any scripts located there that might be causing this.  If that doesn't work out, then I would suspect that a plugin to Jira might be causing this, but it's diffcult to say which one it might be without disabling the user plugins in Jira and recreating this problem.

In the meantime it would probably just be easier to grab this support zip directly from the filesystem of the server running Jira.  By default these are stored in the $JIRAHOME/export/ folder with a date/time filename format.

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2017
  • Are you able to create the Support.Zip file?
  • If yes can you see that it has some info inside of it( File Size)?
  • Do you have the right permissions to move/open the file?

Suggest an answer