Cannot determine way to edit Jira System Dashboard.

Jorge Gustavson January 30, 2018

Just started using Jira cloud. Still working with example projects created in my cloud instance at startup. 

I cannot find ANY way to edit my System Dashboard. In the Manage Dashboards listing, the ... (more) button for the System Dashboard only contains a Copy option. When I display the System Dashboard, the ... more button at the top right does not include an Edit option or anything similar to it.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2018

Log in as a Jira Admin.  Go to Admin -> System Dashboard (use the . option to search if you can't find it)

Jorge Gustavson January 30, 2018

Ok, I figured out that "Go to Admin" means to select "Site Administration" from the app selector button on the left nav bar/panel, and then to click on "Application Settings / JIRA" and then to click on "User Interface / System Dashboard". That isn't quite what you advised me to do, but it gave me enough of a hint to get me there.

It would  have been so much easier if I had simply had an EDIT menu item appear on the system dashboard MORE widget because of my Admin privileges. Is there a way to feed this back to the developers?

Thanks for your hint!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2018

It varies by system, and "site admin" is different to "jira admin", so we now have to be quite vague about it, or write a long set of "if then else" statements.

I agree there should be a quick-link to it in the menu when you've got admin.  Not really thought about it before, but you are right.  I'd follow https://support.atlassian.com/contact down the "suggestion" route.  I couldn't find a suggestion for it that exists already.

Suggest an answer