Cannot delete projects and create Classic projects

Aleksey Nikitin January 22, 2021

Kind of problem with the admin credentials to my JIRA account... Please advise me what to do.

I have a JIRA team (free account) and 6 projects in it.

Last time I worked with it somewhere in 2019.

This January I tried to start a new project or delete one of the old.

But I realised that cannot do it:

1. When trying to create a new Classic project, I get "You don't have permission to create a classic project.Your Jira admin can create one for you."

2. When tryiing to delete an old project, I get "Something went wrong. We couldn't move the XXXXXX project to trash. Try again"

3. I have a 3-dot menu (to configure or delete) only to the right of the 1st project from the list of 6.

4. In Jira settings i see: "You do not have access to Jira settings or Atlassian admin, contact your jira admin to grant you access."

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Hello @Aleksey Nikitin ,

Only Jira administrators can Create a classic Project.

only a project admin / Jira admin can delete a classic project.

Please check the below link for permissions and other information related to classic projects.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/permissions-for-classic-projects/ 

Thanks.

Thank you.

Well, if I'm not an admin of this exact JIRA (albeit I see the JIRA in the list of my apps),

how do I create or access my own jira, where I could be an administrator? Where is the button "Create a new JIRA"?

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Hi,

Atlassian enabled a 10 user free Jira to explore / hands on.

These have some limited features.

Please check the below link.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/free 

Like Aleksey Nikitin likes this

Thank you very much for this link.

I have created a new Jira for me. And now I am an admin here. Thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD