Cannot delete/move et actions with issues due to the proble with

Arkady Lokhovitskiy October 10, 2017

Dear Support,

I have a problem of Lexo Rank Integrity almost with all actions with an issues. I tried to follow the instructions from  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/several-actions-such-as-issue-ranking-move-export-are-failin...

But every time when I add manually rows in AO_60DB71_LEXORANK for one rank id reported in the exception, then re-index JIRA, the next attempt to move the issue throws the same exception but with a new rank id. So I have to maually import once again the ranking rows for this id, etc.... 

com.atlassian.greenhopper.manager.lexorank.LexoRankIntegrityException: Expected exactly 2 rows; the maximum marker row and the lowest ranked row for rank field[id=10100]
com.atlassian.greenhopper.manager.lexorank.LexoRankIntegrityException: Expected exactly 2 rows; the maximum marker row and the lowest ranked row for rank field[id=10100]

Very urgent! 

JIRA is running on CentOS 7.3 with MySQL database (the latest stable release)

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2017

Hi Arkady,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the lexoranking in Jira.  The fix in that KB should be a one time use.  If you are having to reapply this right away after moving/changing an issue in Jira then I fear there is some other underlying problem that is causing this.

However it is too difficult to tell exactly what this is without digging into your logs a bit.  In order to do that, I create a support request on your behalf.  Please gather a support zip and reply to that support case.

Regards,

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Support

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2017

I just wanted to update this issue with some more information about this specific problem.  In Arkady's case it appears that when the mysql database was created, the SQL user account was not created the REFERENCES permission.  In turn this caused Jira Software to be unable to correctly create the Rank field in that instance.    This particular problem is known to effect any instance that is potentially using Mysql 5.7.6 or higher.  This is due to a change in MySQL that now requires this permission in those versions or higher.

To help combat this problem we do have an updated KB on this problem: JIRA throws "Hmm... we couldn't create your project due to an unknown error. Try refreshing the page to start again" when creating a new project

And in addition to that, we have updated the Connecting Jira to Mysql documentation for appropriate Jira versions that could be using this kind of database version.

Suggest an answer