Cannot connect to Board

Azizul Jabbar K January 11, 2021

Hi,Help-JIRA_Board.png

We recently started a project and created a Board of issues. I am not the owner, but I am assigned as Administrator role.

However, JIRA doesn't allow me to see my board, citing "We're having troubles connecting you with your boards."

We have tried removing my account from the project and reinstating it back, but with no avail. I've tried deleting my account, but I can't create a new account since it is accessed through a company-created email.

I still have access to and can see ALL my other projects, just not this one. I'm stumped.

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sramanth Pandeti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Hi @Azizul Jabbar K Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

1. can you check if you have sufficient permissions to access the project E.g. browse project?

2. Can you also check if the board filter is being shared with the team?

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

I also think that you may be missing browse project permission for that specific project...

I confirm that I have all the credentials and access rights needed for this project as an Administrator.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Azizul Jabbar K January 12, 2021

OK, everybody. I got the solution.

We recently migrated from a Google-linked to a Microsoft-linked account, but the work email remains the same. Naturally, I log on to JIRA using my Microsoft credentials. I assumed that the credentials carried forward from the past Google account into the current Microsoft account. But, apparently it wasn't so.

What I had to do was to re-login to JIRA directly using my work email and password. Hey presto! Problem Solved! 

Thanks for your kind attention to my newb problem :-)

0 votes
Jessica April 19, 2022

Here is a nice program I use to integrate all my boards https://unito.io/integrations/trello-trello/mostbet-turkey.net/indir-ios-android/. Maybe it will help in your case too.

0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

You have permissions to the project but you are not assigned as the administrator of the board. Reach out to the owner and go to the board; go into board configuration and add you as co-owner. 

Scrum and Kanban boards can have multiple owners. That should correct things.

image.png

Hi Carla Ann,

I am assigned as Site Admin.. and i do have permissions..  that's the one that stumped me Settings.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events