Cannot assign Developer to Story

Tobias Hoppenthaler August 4, 2014

I am using the hosted Version of Jira with the Agile Extension and created a couple of user stories. Now I want to assign them to the developers. Even though I created users for the developers and added them to the group developers, whenever select "assign" from the drop down menu of a story, I do not get to select anyone, except myself. even if I type the beginning of the names of my developers they are not found. Maybe Jira is trying to tell me something here (if you want to get something done, do it yourself), but I have a lot of confidence in my devs and really would want to try and assign the tasks to them. Please help!!!

2 answers

0 votes

Thank you very much John, the Admin Permissions helper saved the day... seems that I did not place the devs in the right group, with the helper it was a matter of seconds. I found it kind of confusing though, to get the people in the right group!

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2014

Hi Tobias,

Can you check if your developers group is included in Assignable User permissions ?

Regards,

John Chin

Yes, they are:

Assignable User
Users with this permission may be assigned to issues.
  • Project Role (Developers) (Delete)

John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2014

Just a curious, may I know how you assign them to the developers ? For example, you associated the user with 'jira-developers' group or Roles ? Can you also check using Admin Permissions helper by puting username developer and select Assignable User permission ? What will be the result ?

Suggest an answer