Cannot add user, all the user directories are read-only.

Abdirezak yusuf November 21, 2017

I'm getting this Error after I setup the database connection and successfully with MySql . 

This issue comes when I'm creating the administrator user. please help me sort out this, its a blocker issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Maurice
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

Hi Abdirezak,

It may be hard to diagnose this issue without seeing what is showing in the atlassian-jira.log.

My first guess is that the MySQL database was not properly configured as per the guide on: Connecting JIRA applications to MySQL.

Can you verify that all the steps in this guide were properly followed? The instructions do vary depending on what version of MySQL you are running and it must be a version we support.

The main area of concern would be the database permissions:

Ensure that the user has permission to connect to the database, and permission to create and populate tables. These can be provided with the following - 
For MySQL 5.5, MySQL 5.6, and MySQL 5.7.0 to MySQL 5.7.5: 

GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP,ALTER,INDEX on <JIRADB>.* TO '<USERNAME>'@'<JIRA_SERVER_HOSTNAME>' IDENTIFIED BY '<PASSWORD>';
flush privileges;

For MySQL 5.7.6 and above, you must also include the REFERENCES permission:

GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP,REFERENCES,ALTER,INDEX on <JIRADB>.* TO '<USERNAME>'@'<JIRA_SERVER_HOSTNAME>' IDENTIFIED BY '<PASSWORD>';
flush privileges;

Best regards,
Brian 

Suggest an answer