It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot add user, all the user directories are read-only.

I'm getting this Error after I setup the database connection and successfully with MySql . 

This issue comes when I'm creating the administrator user. please help me sort out this, its a blocker issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Maurice Atlassian Team Nov 21, 2017

Hi Abdirezak,

It may be hard to diagnose this issue without seeing what is showing in the atlassian-jira.log.

My first guess is that the MySQL database was not properly configured as per the guide on: Connecting JIRA applications to MySQL.

Can you verify that all the steps in this guide were properly followed? The instructions do vary depending on what version of MySQL you are running and it must be a version we support.

The main area of concern would be the database permissions:

Ensure that the user has permission to connect to the database, and permission to create and populate tables. These can be provided with the following - 
For MySQL 5.5, MySQL 5.6, and MySQL 5.7.0 to MySQL 5.7.5: 

GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP,ALTER,INDEX on <JIRADB>.* TO '<USERNAME>'@'<JIRA_SERVER_HOSTNAME>' IDENTIFIED BY '<PASSWORD>';
flush privileges;

For MySQL 5.7.6 and above, you must also include the REFERENCES permission:

GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP,REFERENCES,ALTER,INDEX on <JIRADB>.* TO '<USERNAME>'@'<JIRA_SERVER_HOSTNAME>' IDENTIFIED BY '<PASSWORD>';
flush privileges;

Best regards,
Brian 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

2,754 views 14 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you