Cannot Log Work on Issues in Sprint

Nikola Velevski August 3, 2017

I can't log work on all issues in active sprint. On some issues i can, on some issues i can't. I don't see the difference between issues where i can log work and issues where i can't.

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

maybe a couple screen shots of the two view issue screens would help? where are you trying to log time - on the scrum board or the view issue screen or edit screen? do you not see the Time Tracking section on the view issue screen at all?

I can see time tracking section from everywhere.. i tried to log work from scrum board, from edit, from everywhere.. i'm sending to you screen shots from original issue and clone issue. All the same.. only the time of creating the issue. On the cloned issue i can log work, but on the first one i cannot... Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

Restrictions are almost always based on some data on the issue.

Can you tell us all the differences between two issues (one that you can log work on and one you can't).  I don't believe you will have two issues that differ only by sequence number.

I can't see any difference. I just made something.. I cloned the issue that was not able to log work, and now on that cloned issue i can log work. But i don't get the point why is like that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2017

Created date?  Comments?  History?  Status? Sprint?  All indentical?

all identical, all the same..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2017

No.  They are not. 

Please, look at all the differences between the clone and original.

The difference is only the time of creating., attachments, links, reporter and all other things are the same. 

But my question is why i can't log work on some issues, Cloning issues is not the best choice to solve the problem.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2017

Those differences are what we need to be looking at, that is why I'm asking for an accurate answer, not an assumed one.

A screenshot of both would be of help in avoiding assumptions.  That way, we can look at the actual differences instead of relying on you to spot them.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2017

Right, there's clearly two more differences, although I suspect they're both generated by the same data. 

Look at the workflow section and the collaborators section - the new issue has more workflow options and you are named in it.

A common configuration in JIRA is to say "only people matching a rule can transition issues or log work on them"

I suspect you'll find your permission scheme says something like "Log work: collaborator"

i cheked the permission scheme, and i'm allowed to work on issues so i can log work. On other projects i can log work on original issues, 

The cloned issue is running on the same workflow like the original one. 

Maybe the problem is the way of creating the issues, i don't know.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2017

Is this a Service Desk project?  And are you an Agent?

Suggest an answer