Can you set-up a project where users will only have access to the ticket he/she is in?

AA_PH March 16, 2021

Can you set-up a project where users will only have access to the ticket he/she is in and is assigned, tagged and made watcher to but not all the other tickets in the same project?

3 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
AKBAR March 16, 2021

@AA_PH 

Hey,

I have another beautiful solution for this requirement..

Please set  the 'Browse Project' permission to 'Current Assignee' alone. (This will allow all users to view the Project name under the List of All projects, but they can't view the issues)

Set the 'Assignable User' permission to 'Application Access (Any Logged in user)' which you can select any user over the Assignee field.

This will work 100%, I am using the same in multiple projects' configurations.

If you want to use any other User Picker 'Custom field' also would be suitable for this type of requirement. Just use that 'Custom Field' name in the 'Browse Project' permission.

That's it.. You will definitely thank me for this.. haha.. just kidding..

Cheers,

Akbar. :)

AA_PH March 16, 2021

@AKBAR looks very promising!!!

Will review and feedback.

Thanks in advance! Crossing my fingers this is it! :)

Like AKBAR likes this
3 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

@AA_PH 

It is a lot of work but yes it can be done by using issue security. For more information please click on the link below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-issue-level-security-938847117.html

If you have any questions let me know

Best.

Fadoua

AA_PH March 16, 2021

@Fadoua this is very useful, will review, thanks much!

Do you know the answer here?

If you implem permission scheme and issue security scheme which will be followed?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Both.  The user access to the project is checked at the permission scheme level, and then again at each issue.

Like AA_PH likes this
1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2021

@AKBAR  Thank you for sharing this trick! However I see a small problem here if Permission Scheme is being shared with other projects your trick won't work.

@AA_PH  Just something to keep in mind. Please let us know how it goes.

Best,

Fadoua

AA_PH March 17, 2021

Thanks for the insight as well @Fadoua 

Like Fadoua likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin