Can you run issue collectors on JIRA itself?

Joseph Malucchi January 25, 2018

I support a 500 user instance of JIRA. Right now when users of that instance need a change done to their configuration or have inquiries they either email me or go through a separate system web form. Is there a to leverage the issue collector functionality in JIRA itself? It would be great if there was a secondary button where users could contact JIRA admin support without having the leave JIRA. The only workaround i could think of is allowing any logged in user "create issues" permission within our project....but that opens up concerns of users accidentally creating issues in the wrong projects. 

Appreciate any help/guidance or suggestions that people have!

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2018

>The only workaround i could think of is allowing any logged in user "create issues" permission within our project....but that opens up concerns of users accidentally creating issues in the wrong projects.

Eh?  No it doesn't.  If you only give them "create" permission in the "Jira Support" project, then they won't be able to create issues in the wrong project.

This is a set up we all strongly recommend.  Jira should have a "Support" project which all logged in users can create issues in. 

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2018

Hi Joseph, 

Yes, an issue collector would be a good idea. Also look into Jira service desk.

Suggest an answer