Can you restore a deleted scrum board?

M Stahlberg May 23, 2013

Is it possible to restore a deleted scrum board?

We had a GreenHopper scrum board that was deleted by mistake. The filter for the board was still available and we created a new board using the same filter. Thus we were able to get back active sprint and historical sprints.

We are still missing the sprints that where planned for the future. (I know not very scrummish, but nevertheless we had planned a number of sprints ahead.)

We are also missing the Quick Filters of the scrum board.

What is the best procedure to retieve this information again?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2013

The best procedure is to restore a backup to a dev JIRA instance and to manually create the sprints again.

M Stahlberg May 26, 2013

Thanks! Even better would be if there was a way to query the database of the restored instance for all information related to the lost scrum board and then apply this to the database of the production server. Anyone that has knows if it feasible to do that?

0 votes
Deleted user October 16, 2014

I have also had this happen and the logs did not show who deleted the board. I was able to rebuild the board but was also finding no way to show who deleted it.

Raquelíta Rós Aguilar February 15, 2018

How did you rebuild the board?

Suggest an answer