Can you remove/hide the Status section (New Issue UI)

Gary Osborne January 15, 2021

Hi

On  my screen the Status section in the new UI still absorbs 40% of the right hand side of the screen.

You can hide the projects list on the left with the '<' button, is there a way to hide or (please !!!) shrink the status section on the right?

Gary

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2021

Double checked in my cloud instance I think to recognize what you mean but it does not consume that much space on my screen.
It probably depends on screen size, screen resolution and/or zoom factor of the browser.
In case you could say something how your setup looks like the one or another factor could come to somebody's mind - for example is it a smaller laptop screen or a monitor (bigger size) attached to the PC. It will make a difference in total.
Probably you also could attach an anonymized screenshot for better understanding where the space consumption comes from?

Gary Osborne January 18, 2021

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.  I have attached a cut from my screen - this is full screen of a laptop at 1920x1080

JiraIssues.jpg

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

I was able to reproduce it on my laptop using the resolution you have mentioned, many thanks!

I also were able to identify a Suggestion on a better handling of the screen space:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67884

There is also a longer discussion linked in this Suggestion:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/New-Jira-Experience-Max-Width-Issue-View/m-p/663284

Starting off this base of information I believe configuration on your end is okay but the overall handling of user element/user experience could be improved which is hopefully done by a processing of JRACLOUD-67884 (you also could vote for it to signalize it is of importance to you!).

Like Gary Osborne likes this
Gary Osborne January 18, 2021

Thanks - I will do.  Given an acceptable way of moving the Left hand side out of the way ('>') , it seems a shame they didn't do the same thing for the RHS.

Thanks for your help & insight.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

i'm not sure what makes up the "status section" and which screen exactly you are looking at but my guess is you are looking at the detail issue view and talking about the right hand column where your context fields are listed. The limit of configuration is presented in the layout screen which can be accessed by clicking on "Configure" icon at the bottom of that column.

Gary Osborne January 15, 2021

Hi - yes you are right, it was the RH column with its acres of white space.

Thanks for the excellent tip - I have removed all of the fields on the right and put  the useful ones (e.g assignee) on the left.  Now I am left with just Status (e.g. "In Review" on its own on the right. This seems to be immovable :-(

i.e. I want the status field and assignee field, just not to have them wasting half the screen (well 40% of it anyways)

So I'll probably end up putting them all back as I have not been able t regain any screen real estate.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events