Can you pause all SLA?

John Harris January 17, 2018

We had an issue this week where our school was postponed for 2 hours.  During that time we had several SLA expire.  What I am wondering is there a way to easily pause all SLA for a short amount of time?

3 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2018

Warning: I wouldn't implement the following w/o some careful consideration as it can be messy and, over time, could break due to future changes. 

You could do the following:

1. define a 'pause' status, call it something like "Bulk On Hold"
  2. place this status into all necessary workflows
  3. in your SLAs declare "Bulk On Hold" as an SLA Pause condition
  4. Create one or more filters that will find all open issues in a specific status, e.g. Waiting Support that you would want to pause and save that filter w/ a name e.g. "Pause-Resume Waiting Support". Note if you have another status where the SLA is ticking you will want to create a separate filter.
  5. When school closes or other event - run the filter(s) and perform a bulk transition to the  "Bulk On Hold" status
  6. When school reopens, repeat steps 4-5 but transition from "Bulk On Hold" back to previous status (Waiting Support, In Progress, etc).

Now with this said, you are going to need to put a bit more thought into my steps to align w/ your exact situation. For example, let's say that you have other statues that pause the SLA, e.g. Waiting on Customer. In that case I would exclude all other 'pause' statuses in my "Pause All SLAs" filter(s) since they are already paused.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2018

No there is not.

Suggest an answer