Can you move a story or bug from a sprint once it has started?

Jared Collins April 24, 2012

Lets say you are working on a sprint. You realize that you might not be able to complete a task that is currently apart of the sprint. I don't see a way to move an item from a sprint without canceling the whole sprint. Is there an easy way to remove a story or task from a sprint to place it in a later one?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I think I figured it out... If you "Release" the sprint in the rapid board all unfinished tasks go back to the "Backlog" allowing them to be used in a future sprint. Thank you Thomas for your assistance.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2012

Hi Jared,

you can move every task to another sprint, if the task itself is not closed already. You don't have to cancel the sprint.

Just drag and drop the task on the planning board to another Sprint.

Best regards

Thomas

On the Rapid Board (Scrum View) I don't see how you can start a second sprint until the first sprint in work mode is finished.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2012

not the rapid board, use the planning board

It would appear that the Scrum Rapid board and the planning board are seperate features that do not reflect changes. I have moved the task to a different version in the planning board and it still is displaying as an open issue in the SCRUM on the rapid board. I'm trying to figure out how to remove items from a scrum on the rapid board.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2012

you're welcome :-)

Suggest an answer