Can you grant a specific user project permission to edit/add Post Functions without jira admin?

Sharon Curtis January 25, 2021

My question is about Jira Software Project Roles and permissions.   I have a user that is trying to add a new Post Function but don't have the permissions add/edit the existing project function.  He already has project administrator roles. 

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2021

Hello @Sharon Curtis,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

In order to edit a workflow, the user must be a project administrator so they can access the workflow's page on the project settings, but also, as John and Jack mentioned, they need to be a Jira administrator.

For more information, please check the documentation below:

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Sharon Curtis January 27, 2021

Thank you Everyone!

0 votes
Sharon Curtis January 26, 2021

Project permissions
Permission Granted to
Administer Projects

Ability to administer a project in Jira.

Extended project administration ENABLED
Grant extended project administration permissions.

Project role
Administrators
Project lead
Single user
TestingUser3
adsatestuser

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Hi Sharon, 

If it is not a Simplified Workflow, then it can only be done by a Jira Administrator. Basically, if it is a shared workflow, only a Jira Admin can update. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

correct I should have conveyed that right off the bat.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2021

@Sharon Curtis  - it goes back to the type of workflow that it is. If it is shared across projects or it is not a Simplified Worfklow, project administrators cannot edit it. 

Can you share a screenshot of the workflow? 

0 votes
Sharon Curtis January 25, 2021

I did already

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

you can give the project admin rights for that project only.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

and they cannot edit workflow? hmmm, i see you are on server but would have thought it would work as it does in cloud.

Like Dahmani likes this

Suggest an answer