Can you get due date and time alerts?

Harrison Plowright June 28, 2021

Hello, I have created a personal task planner board and changed the custom fields to have one called "Due date and time". 

I am trying to find a way for me to receive an alert when this due date and time is set for like a reminder just before it happens, like 15 minutes before etc. (a bit like google calendar)

Thanks in advance

Harrison 

1 answer

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

The 15m requirement makes this a bit tricky but here are some options I can think of.

Daily alert:

Create a filter and set up a subscription that run daily For example your filter might look like this…

Assignee = me and “Due date and time" >= startofday() and “Due date and time" <= endofday()

you can tweak this to meet your needs. 

15m alert:

look to automation. Trigger on a schedule and run every 15m. Use JQL for condition and email as the action. With automation you can perform date operations to meet you needs. Please see this article on that topic - smart-values-date-and-time-functions 

Harrison Plowright June 29, 2021

Hi Jack, thanks for your feedback; I understand you mean by the custom filter, but I get lost when talking about the JQL automation.

Are you able to expand for me, please? Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events