Can you export the archived stories?

Leah Olafson January 11, 2022

I can go to the archived stories and see a selection but do not see an easy way to export them.  I tried to do a syntax change but don't see how I can access the archived stories to export that way.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hello @Leah Olafson 

Welcome to the community.

I don't think Jira Cloud has a feature natively to archive individual issues. What process did you use to archive the issues? What steps do you execute to "go to the archived stories and see a selection"?

Leah Olafson January 14, 2022

If you go to Issues at the top, you'll see a selection for archived issues which allows you to then select criteria to filter by.  Those options are:  Archived date, name of archiver, project, type, reporter.  There just isn't a way to export that list from that screen.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

Hello @Leah Olafson ,

I don't see "Issues" as a menu option in my Jira Cloud Standard instance, but I do see it as an option in Jira Data Center. Are you sure you're using Jira Cloud, as you tagged this post?

I suspect that you are actually using Jira Data Center. Can you confirm that? If you look at the bottom of your Jira screen do you see a footer that says something like "Jira Project Management Software (v#.#.....)"

If you are using Jira Data Center, this document details how archived issues can be exported:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/archiving-an-issue-968669980.html#Archivinganissue-Exportingarchivedissues

Suggest an answer