Can you create a report for components?

Blaine Vriezelaar November 27, 2017

I'm trying to create a report in Jira Service Desk using components but i'm not sure what the JQL expression would be or if it's even possible.

I want to report on how many issues we have based on components and export it into a csv. 

5 answers

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2017

Have you looked into 2 dimensional gadget provided by JIRA

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/adding-the-two-dimensional-filter-statistics-gadget-720416991.html

You can map component vs issueTypes  in above gadget.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2017

Blaine, if you are simply wanting a table showing the number of issues by component and you plan to put eyes on it regularly then Taurn's recommendation is perfect IMO. Create a dashboard and add the 2D gadget. I would use component for Y-axis and Status for the X-axis. It would look like below with a total off to the right.

2D.png

Like # people like this
1 vote
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

Can you describe what you hope to get? You could do something like:

PROJECT = ABC ORDER BY COMPONENT and then export to Excel CSV within the the Issue Navigator

Certainly. When I go into the Project Settings\Components, it gives me a list of all the components I have and how many issues are associated with that component. I'd like to export that to a csv or create a report in the Reports section using that information. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 3.54.03 PM.png

I'm not sure what'd i'd put in for the JQL Filter. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 3.55.29 PM.png

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

I would just select the contents of the page components page and paste it into excel or google sheets. It will likely format correctly and give you what you need. I don't think the report you're looking for will be created by Jira because all reports in Jira will count issues. I guess you could technically have an individual series for every component if you need it over time? 

Blaine Vriezelaar November 28, 2017

Thanks, Boris. I think copying and pasting will be the easiest route. No, we won't need an individual series for each component. 

Appreciate it! 

0 votes
Thomas Burke June 9, 2022

nevermind....

there is no delete for comments btw.  ;-)

found this though

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Common-Components-Report-in-Jira-Service-Desk/qaq-p/1545429

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 2.06.14 PM.png

0 votes
Daniel DuBravec April 9, 2018

I am not sure if Service Desk is different, but in JIRA, I selected the components selection on the left nav to view the entire list  (there were 100!)  Highlighted the text, which included the component name and the component lead in the browser (chrome) and then pasted in excel.  It worked surprisingly well.   

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2017

Hello,

There is no such JQL.

You can use gadgets. For example Issue statistics gadget

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/adding-the-issue-statistics-gadget-720417074.html

But you can not export it to Excel

Suggest an answer