Can you assign a reporter who is not a user?

Benjamin Peikes December 8, 2013

I receive an email from a client regarding a possible bug. How do I note who made the report? Ideally I'd be able to put in their email address as well so I can follow up with them.

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2013

You can add you reporter as an inactive user.

You should still be able to find him in the Reporter field but he will not count towards your license limit.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

You can't. The reporter must be a valid user. And it is the person who creates the ticket by default but you can allow users to modify the reporter to another valid user using project permissions.

Benjamin Peikes December 8, 2013

What is the best way to track the person who actually reported the bug?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

You mean the person who created the bug? Reporter can be changed to any valid user by the person who is creating the bug.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2013

Either by adding them as a user, or adding a custom field for their email address, though you will have to follow up with them manually in this case.

Suggest an answer