Can we use "!~" operator with text field

Rachit Singhal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2022

I have one business case where I need to look for the issues in entire Jira instance which is not having specific words in all text field like summary, description, comment etc. 

I have used text field many times with "~" operator which is one go search for all text related fields but I am unable to text field with "!~" with text field.

Does anyone come across the same scenario? 

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hello @Rachit Singhal 

According to the documentation, that operator is supported.

Please show us exactly how you are using it (your filter) and explain to us how the results are not what you expect.

Rachit Singhal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2022

Hello @Trudy Claspill ,

Yes, as per document it should work but it is not working for me. For example, it is giving me this error:

jira issue.PNG

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks.

Rachit Singhal

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hm, I see the same thing when I try it in Jira Cloud.

I recommend you raise this directly to Atlassian Support to find out if it is a known bug.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Rachit Singhal
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

Thanks @Trudy Claspill for your help.

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2022

You can use the 'not' clause, like:

project = XYZ and not summary ~ "term to exclude"
Rachit Singhal
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2022

Thanks Radek but this query is not helping me.

Suggest an answer