Can we limit the issue type permissions on a project where only certain team members can transition

Spruha_Shah October 28, 2019

Can we limit the issue type permissions on a project where only certain team members can transition an issue to "Done" State (Story, Epic, Risk, Task or Dependency)

1 answer

0 votes
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 28, 2019

Hi @Spruha_Shah ,

the built-in approach would consist of editing the workflow (or workflows if you're using different ones for each issue type):

• Add a permission condition or validator to your transition to the Done status, selecting for example the Resolve issues permission
  • Head over to your permission scheme and grant only those users the Resolve issues permission that should be able to execute this transition

Using a condition will hide the button for users not having the permission. Using a validator will show the button but show an error and block the transition for users not having the permission.

Cheers
Thorsten

Spruha_Shah October 28, 2019

Hello, 

Thank you for the quick reply. I have added a condition on the done transition that only the administrators will be able to move it to done. Do i still have to give "resolve issues" permission to administrators only and remove what i currently have from there. 

Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 28, 2019

Hi @Spruha_Shah ,

if you've already managed to add a permission attached to your administrators group/role you're fine - nothing more to adjust. The approach recommended by me would probably be more generic/reusable.

Cheers
Thorsten

Suggest an answer