Can we downgrade the Add-ons?

Deepan Kumar Raghavan Vasu January 29, 2021

Is there any way to downgrade an add-on? I recently did an add-on upgrade for all the add-ons and I accidentally clicked on Paid update add-on and i want to downgrade it to the old version.

Could you please help me on this?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

Hi @Deepan Kumar Raghavan Vasu

adding to the very correct steps Nir already mentioned that there were some occasions in the past where the database "structure" an Apps uses between an older version and a newer versions changed. While (let's say) going forward from version 1.0 to 1.5 of some App the database was updated by going back from 1.5 to 1.0 the App did not work anymore.

Long story short: in many cases the downgrade worked for an App, I can confirm on this.
But depending on which App it is - you might want to test in a lower (non-production) environment first.

When an App vendor decides to put an App from "free" state into "paid" it suggests there were many (good!) changes which legitimate the App to be of charge from now on.
Those "many changes" sometimes translate into "there were also changes to the code in a bigger volume, and as well, the database structure" - but this is not set in stone, the best is to test on a non-production environment.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Nir Haimov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2021

Hi @Deepan Kumar Raghavan Vasu 

Basically yes.

1. uninstall the add-on
  2. go the to add-on page on the Atlassian Marketplace, click on "versions" tab, and download manually the version you want
  3. go to jira add-ons page, and click to upload add-on manually, and select the add-on you just downloaded.

Suggest an answer