Can tickets be submitted to a company managed software project?

Sherrie Brown January 12, 2022

We get ticket submitted to a Service Project and I have to move them to a software project (Kanban board) to get prioritized.

There has to be a better way.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Sherrie Brown , indeed there is a better way. In fact you should never move an issue to a software project from your JSM project. The reason for this is that you don't lose the connection with the customer. Rather you should leverage the create linked issue feature. What this does is to create an issue in the desired software project and links it to the JSM issue. You can leverage automation to help with this. What I do is I have a status called development and if an agent moves the GSM issue into that status then based on the component field it will create an issue in the proper software project. You can further use automation to keep the two in sync. There are a lot of discussions in the community about this you may want to research that a bit beyond what I have provided here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events