Can the "Link" fields be updated after the Bug is created

Holloway Winfred January 20, 2021

The "Link" fields only appear on the 'bug create' screen in my project. 

You don't always have this information when creating the 'bug', so is there a way to update these fields after the bug has been created?  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

Hi @Holloway Winfred ,

Yes, you should be able to update the field. You need to add it to the corresponding screen, e.g. when you are editing. If you go to Project settings-> Screens, select the one for the 'bug' issue type, click on the screen for editing, and add the field:

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 11.43.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 11.45.07 AM.png

Holloway Winfred January 21, 2021

Ok, Carlos, I thought that is the way it is supposed to work, but for me it doesn't. 

I've followed your directions, but on the Issue Bug view screen and Bug edit screen, the Link fields are not displayed.  Even if I add values to the Link fields during Bug creation.

I apologize, the Link fields do appear in the View/Edit screens if a link is added in the create screen.  But do not appear if no Link was added in the create screen.  

So it looks like you have to add some values to the Link fields in the create screen, if we would like to have it displayed or add additional Links after the initial Bug creation.

Is this correct?

I found the "Link Issues" Widget on the Bug "Edit" screen.  Right in front of my face the whole time... Duh!!!  (If it were a snake...)

Thanks for the response.  

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

I'm glad to hear, @Holloway Winfred . Thanks for following up :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events