Can the comments section be in a window/tab of its own?

Matt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2024

I'm new to Jira. I'm currently going through long checklists and having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the checklist to add a comment and then scroll all the way back up ant it's slowing me down. Is there a way of having the comment section in a different window/browser tab so that I can easily switch between them?

I had a little browse of the apps and saw the Smart Comments For Jira app. Does that integrate into the existing comments section or is it a standalone app?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 29, 2024

Hi Matt - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, you will not be able to modify the standard Jira screen interface to move the Comments section. You would need to contact the Smart Comments vendor directly for more information on whether the app will meet your needs. 

Matt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2024

Thanks John! I'll look into Smart Comments further. Thanks for the help!

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events