Can the appearance of standard components be changed or completely replaced without losing data?

Dmitrii Strukov December 2, 2022

Hi.

I have a multiselect component and it has problems.

image_2022-12-02_18-26-55.png
When I select some items, and defocus the component, the highlight of the selected items disappears.
And I would also like to add checkmarks to each item.

What are the ways to change the appearance of a component?

I read that you can add your own component with a plugin, but I never tried to do it.

And if you completely replace it with another component, then you need to leave the existing data for the new component unchanged. Is it possible?

Can the appearance of standard components be changed or completely replaced without losing data?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2022

Hi @Dmitrii Strukov , you cannot change the appearance (UI) of selecting a component.

Multi-selects in such a select list do indeed sometimes lead to unwanted results as you need to keep the Ctrl/Command key pressed during selection.

Removing a component from an issue after creation won't affect the component itself, only the number of issues assigned to that component.

Suggest an answer