Can the add-ons be paid per user and not for entire cloud site

eleanor kerman June 21, 2021

We have a few purchase add-ons that impact only the management level or only the JIRA admin, is there any way to pay per "using" user and not for the whole cloud site

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Hi Eleanor,

No, unfortunately for cloud pricing the cost of the add-on is calculate by the total number of users you have in that instance. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

To add to the confusion ;) the highest number of users for a specific product :)

If you have 100 Jira Software users and 25 Jira Service Management users, you'll be billed for 100 for each app.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

Yes - thanks for the clarification @Dirk Ronsmans !

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
eleanor kerman June 21, 2021

thank you for your reply

One of the good things about JIRA SERVER was the really very reasonable pricing on top of the solution.

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

I fear it's the nature of a subscription based model and also the vendor having to host the app instead of it running on your own system.

There are whole articles about cost comparison on Cloud vs you not having to manage it yourself but yeah, prices were easier to pass on to management when using Server :)

Like # people like this
Christine Absil February 25, 2022

Hi.

Thank you all for these info
Do you know if there is an initiative somewhere to ask to atlassian to improve this model, and implement a pay-per-app-user pricing model (via a dedicated user group)?

Being able to size adequatly each app subscription would allow both grow in jira usage and in apps usage. Now, this all-of-none model is a brake for both !

I would love to add my vote on it ! I google a bit but did not find anything.

Thanks

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2022

You can always make requests here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders