Can the Next Gen roadmap show Stories that are linked to Epics?

Alicia Pino January 9, 2019

I have built out several stories related to an Epic in the Next Gen project and would like to breakdown the roadmap to show the visual at the issue or story level. Is this a feature of Next Gen projects in roadmap?

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user January 9, 2019

Hi @Alicia Pino,

I do not believe this is a feature within the Next-Gen Roadmap, referring to the documentation I can see nothing about a deeper view unfortunately. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/roadmap-957979308.html 

If this view is a requirement I would suggest Portfolio for JIRA. 

Hope this helps

Bobby Smith March 13, 2019

Unfortunately, it's a known issue that Portfolio for JIRA doesn't really work with next gen projects, so that's not a great solution.

Like Deleted user likes this
8 votes
Zo Guthrie May 15, 2019

I am also in need of this granularity for roadmaps. is there a free 3rd party plug in that works for next-gen?

4 votes
Cap'n May 17, 2019

Agreed @All here !! please add granular filters to display all issue types and their relationship.

3 votes
Mike Heyns August 15, 2019

@Alicia PinoIt appears that this is coming to Jira pretty soon, from a screenshot in a recent article.

croppedRoadmap.png

Anne Joliot October 31, 2019

Oh yes that's exactly what I need !

ketil keiseraas November 7, 2019

Yes please!
It would be great to see the subtask in the roadmap view!

1 vote
michal.fiech January 2, 2020

I'd love to see that you can specify another custom issue type that would be displayed on the roadmap just like Epics.

Anyone found a plugin or some workaround to have that?

Jost Novljan February 27, 2020

+1 for this!!

Like # people like this
1 vote
Marella October 30, 2019

I'm sorry, I still don't understand how there will be visible all related tasks and subtasks on the roadmap. Right now I can see only epics on the roadmap, but the subtasks are not visible.

madelon May 19, 2020

Agree with what you are saying. From the screen shot above I can see that epics can be linked and shown on the roadmap but not the subtasks which would be add a whole lot of value to the roadmap view! :) 

0 votes
Anne Joliot October 31, 2019

Any news on when we can have more granularity on epics ? 

Also at the moment only the "Child issues" are showing on the progress bar, if you link issues from another project, it does not work.

Suggest an answer